Friday, January 18, 2008

We're off!


Thanks to Rhodes, we were off and running right on schedule, thanks to his most excellent navigatin system (affectionately named 'Cedric') we found our way from my place to Steve's and finally to Anne's. Goodbyes were brief and I think I was the only misty-eyed.

The flight out of Toronto was delayed, but that was no trouble. We were happy to while away the time in conversation.

We finally took off about 8:20 (and for those of you who notice such details, we were in a Boeing 777). The seats were pretty small, but the food was good (really! Anne and I had fruit plates and Steve ordered kosher). Our conversation ended there, though. We donned sleep masks and earplugs and made ourselves comfrotable for some sleep. Anne and I dozed until we woke up to a clean-shaven Steve, all bright eyed and bushy tailed!

First leg of the journey complete!


(Sorry, we don't have the technology to post pictures yet....we're working on that!)

No comments: